Wednesday 11 July 2012

Abbey.

A special story we have come across, it's unsure who replied to this letter, but someone in the Post Office world has a kind soul.

Our 14 year old dog Abbey died last month. The day after she passed away my 4 year old daughter, Meredith was crying and asked if she could write a letter to God so that he would recognise Abbey when she got to heaven. I told her I thought we could and she dictated these words;

Dear God,
Will you please take care of my dog? She died yesterday and is with you in heaven. I miss her very much. I'm happy that you let me have her as my dog even though she got sick. I hope you will play with her. She likes to swim and play with balls. I am sendind a picture of her so when you see her, you know she is my dog. I really miss her.
Love, Meredith.

We put the letter in an envelope with a photo of Abbey & Meredith and posted it to God/Heaven with our return address on it.
Yesterday there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch addressed,
'To Meredith' in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it.
Inside was a book by Mr. Rogers called, 'When a Pet Dies.' Inside was the letter we had written to God and on the opposite page was the picture of Abbey & Meredith with this note;

Dear Meredith,

Abbey arrived safely in heaven. Having the picture was a big help and I recognized her right away. She isn't sick anymore, her spirit is here with me just like it stays in your heart. Abbey loved being your dog. Since we don't need bodies anymore in heaven, I don't have any pockets to keep your picture so I'm sending it back to you in this little book. Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for helping you write it and send it to me. I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much.
By the way, I'm easy to find. I am whereve there is love.

Love,
God.

No comments:

Post a Comment